First of all, I had been chosen to write about my favourite TV Series, ALF. That series is a family comedy divided in many short sections, approximately in 25 minutes each, and created by the directors Tom Patchett and Paul Fusco and taking place in US.
ALF, the TV series doesn’t go on TV right now, but had been going for almost 20 years ago. However, I have that TV Series on my computer and I am seeing one section of it almost every evening.
Before I am going to tell why I like that Series so much, I am going to give you a short resume about it. In short, ALF is about a space creature named Alf that comes from the planet Melmac and had been crashing in the family Tanners garage. Alf, is very kind and been forced to live like an American, but he also do what he want to do, and sometimes he don’t understand why things have to be the humans way like for example eat cats. The family has one cat that Alf like a lot, and on his planet they eat cats but not here in the earth. Often, Alf just want his best and also the family best, but sometimes it can be misunderstandings because of their different culture. To have Alf in the family, the family had to hide him from other people, because if someone will find him they either kill him or put him in a special kind of prison.
One of the reasons why I like the comedy ALF so much is that he always wants to be a good guy for the family, even if the family sometimes don’t seen that. If Alf see one problem in the family he tries in all his ways to help and indemnify it. However, it’s interesting to follow how Alf or the family solves the problem. Finally, Alf also makes me like a televiewer, to laughs at the series and that’s a very important thing to why I look at it and like it so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Evening Susie!
ReplyDeleteFirst i'd like to say that I have a lot of find memories from Alf, although it was a long time since I last watched an episode.
Moving on to commenting on your text. Firstly, in the topic sentence I think you should give a short statement on why Alf is such a great show or what we can expect from it to keep us watching. Also I don't see a reason for the second paragraph since it kind of fits into your description of the series in the third paragraph. Your conclusion could be divided up into two paragraphs because in there you have the reasons for following a tv-series which should be delivered earlier in your text.
One thing that could be useful is the many different terms used within TV-series. For example: Episodes, being on the air etc.
You give a good resume on the plot and you have some great transitional devices. It was fun reading and a bit of a nostalgic trip for me.